Saturday, December 31, 2011

Making The New York Times Relevant Again

Web sites for old school media are too damn big and cumbersome. Just concentrate on a couple of stories, done well, each day, and I bet your audience grows.

You can't/don't/shouldn't cover EVERYTHING. Look at Apartment404.blogspot.com. We (I) cover only one or two things a day, and we're kicking your asses. Aren't we?

This all has to do with shared, nationwide experiences. When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, the entire nation could talk about The Cosby Show or Cheers of Sports Illustrated's Plimpton April Fool's Day scam. Everyone. Not so anymore.

You guys can help me rectify this by becoming trustworthy again. Do that by only covering, and writing about, what you know. There's a reason I don't write about soccer, other than that it is a stupid, pointless game. I know nothing about soccer, and don't try to pretend that I do.

The New York Times is a major part of American history and it's hurting me and a lot of other fine folks that you guys suck so bad. Simplify the site and make sure you've got the goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment